Monday, September 12, 2005

Office Hours Today (Monday, 9/12)

As I mentioned in class, my office hours will be cut short today so that I can attend the following presentation (you can attend too if you have time!). I'll be in my office from 3:00 to 3:45 if you need me.

Monday, Sept. 12 4 pm "9/11 in Context" Faculty Panel DiscussionKing Hall Auditorium, UNCW

A panel discussion to explore the events of September 11, 2001, in a larger context. What foreign policy decisions influenced 9/11, and what has happened since then? What are the roots of prejudice and fear that can lead to repression? How should governments deal with terrorism? The only agenda is to provide a forum for discussion and education.
The panel will consist of Dr. W. Taylor Fain (History, UNCW), Dr. Rob Miller (Sociology, UNCW), Dr. Lynne Snowden (Criminal Justice, UNCW), Thomas Massey (History, CFCC), and Dr. Craig Galbraith (Cameron School of Business, UNCW).